Our Company Code has been drawn up to provide a clear set of guiding principles on integrity and ethics in business conduct. It governs business decisions and actions throughout the Company, applicable to both corporate actions and the behaviour of individual employees when conducting business on behalf of Wessanen.
The application of our Company Code is of prime importance when deciding to enter into or continue relationships with contractors and suppliers.
We require our suppliers and business partners to comply with the same business principles and their application is of prime importance when deciding to enter into or continue a business relationship
We compete for business fairly, on the merits of our products and services. Bribes in any shape or form are unacceptable to us.
Our funds or resources may not be used to support any political candidate or political party anywhere in the world.
Our business principles are:
- Compliance with laws: Wessanen wants to be a responsible partner in society, acting with integrity towards all its stakeholders and others who can be affected by its activities. Wessanen duly observes the applicable laws of the countries in which it operates.
- Environment: Wessanen, in line with its commitment to sustainable development, will do all that is reasonable and practicable to minimise adverse effects on the environment.
- Product safety: Wessanen aims at all times to supply safe products and services.
- Free market competition: Wessanen supports free market competition as the basis for conducting its business and observes applicable competition laws and regulations.
- Child, bonded and forced labour: Wessanen will under no circumstances make use of forced or bonded labour and it will not employ children in violation of the relevant conventions of the International Labour Organisation.
- Human rights: Wessanen supports and respects human rights and strives to ensure that its activities do not make it an accessory to infringements of human rights.